Your use of our Sites or Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions.
- Collection of Your Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We receive information from users who are interested in obtaining information about our technologies or services, or users who purchase products from our Sites or Services. This information may include user names, user IDs, passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, and telephone numbers. We may collect information such as age, gender, user preferences, and user activities on our Sites or Services. You do not have to provide your information to us, but if you do not provide your information, we may not be able to provide the Services to you (for example, we may not be able to process your online requests or transactions).
Information Collected Automatically
Through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, we may automatically collect information such as your domain name, browser type and operating system, web pages and links you view, IP address, the length of time you visit our Sites, and the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Sites. We may collect information about your use of our mobile application, mobile device ID, location and language information, device name and model, operating system, your activities within the application, and the length of time that you are logged into our application.
Our Use of Browser Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can, for example, make it easier for you to navigate our Sites or Services, enable a faster log-in process or track your activities at our Sites or Services. We may use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We may use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into our Sites. This can allow us to process your online transactions and verify your identity after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Users to our Sites or Services who disable cookies may only be able to browse certain areas of the Sites or Services; some features may not function.
In addition to cookies, our Sites or Services, marketing partners, and third-party websites linked to our Sites or Services, may use local shared objects, also known as flash cookies (“Flash LSOs”) to store your site preferences and to personalize your visit (such as setting the volume level last used to play a video). Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, please visit the Adobe Flash Player Help Page.
We may also use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites to, among other things, track the activities of site users, manage content, and compile statistics about Sites usage. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies and Flash LSOs, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. Additionally, we and our third-party service providers may use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
We may also engage third parties to track and analyze information about the use of our Sites or Services or use other analytic means to evaluate our Sites or Services, so that we can, among other things, improve our Sites or Services, or improve performance and user experiences. We may use the information collected to help us administer and improve the quality of our Sites or Services. The information collected may be shared with third party service providers. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide with other information that they have collected. This Privacy Statement does not cover the activities of third parties.
Links and Third Parties
Our Sites or Services may contain links to third party websites. If you provide any information to third party websites, other privacy policies may apply to the collection or use of your information on those sites. Third party websites linked to our Sites or Services, and marketing or advertising partners, may also collect information about you and your computer network over time and across different websites to provide targeted or personalized advertising (also referred to as online behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising). Some third party marketing partners comply with the protocols of the Networking Advertising Initiative (NAI) or Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), which give users choices about how their personal information is tracked and used. For more information about the privacy practices of third party advertisers, please visit their websites and review their policies or contact them directly.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests.
Like most standard websites we use log files. These log files can include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks, which may be used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Information Provided Through Your Use of Social Media
Our Sites or Services enhance user experience by providing ways to communicate with us and other users through various third party social media services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube. By logging in to a third party social media service used to communicate on the Sites or Services, you give us permission to access, store and use any information that you permit the applicable third party social media service to share with us in accordance with the privacy settings that apply to your account with the third-party social media services you use to communicate on the Sites or Services, and to combine that information with other information we have from or about you.
- Our Use of Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To provide our Sites or Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Sites or Services, and for other customer service purposes.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and provide personalized help and instructions, and to personalize your experiences while using our Sites or Services.
• To better understand how users access and use our Sites or Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Sites or Services and respond to user and preferences.
• For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions. We also may use the information that we learn about you, such as website activities, interests and user preferences to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- Onward Transfer/Where We Store and Process Data
Information collected on the Sites or Services may be stored and processed in the United States or other countries in which Riparian or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. By submitting any personal information or by using the Sites or Services and without limitation to any other rights or obligations we have, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries, and acknowledge that your information may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, including courts and tribunals, in accordance with laws applicable in those jurisdictions.
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
Except as detailed in this Privacy Statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of Riparian and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities without your prior consent. We may share the information that we collect about you as follows:
• We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, the use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Marketing Partners and Third-Party Advertisers. We may share information about you with our marketing partners or other third parties to provide relevant advertising and marketing communications to you. If you sign up for specific services that are provided by us, our marketing partners or other third parties, we may share information you provide to us with our marketing partners or other third parties. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, please refer to our opt-out process.
• Business Transfers. We may transfer the information we have collected from you to another other company (1) if we are acquired by or merge with another company, (2) if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, (3) if we divest or transfer a subsidiary or affiliate to another company, or (4) as part of a bankruptcy or other insolvency proceeding.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, a court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Accessing Your Personal Information
To request corrections or access to information we have about you, please send a request via email addresses set forth in the opt-out section.
- Security of Your Personal Information
In an effort to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal information, we have implemented several security measures to prevent the unauthorized access and use of your personal information. We review these security measures from time to time and evaluate new technologies or approaches that would further enhance the security measures currently in place. Please be informed that despite our best efforts, no security measures are impenetrable. We ask that you safeguard any user password or user ID obtained for use on our Sites or Services as these are personal to each user and link to personal information or other information that may be used to identify you. Each user takes full responsibility for any misuse or unauthorized use of our Sites or Services.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account by unauthorized password activity.
- Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Our Sites or Services are general audience websites and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are aware that we have unintentionally collected information from someone who is underage, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Access to Password Protected/Secure Areas
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of our Sites and Services is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of may be subject to prosecution.
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
Riparian may revise this Privacy Statement at any time. If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post such changes to our Sites and we will update this Privacy Statement with a revised version so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances if any, we disclose it.
- Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request and receive once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties to which we have disclosed personal information about you for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow at least thirty (30) days for a response.
- How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com. To make choices about receiving communications, or to update your personal information, please contact us via email at the email addresses set forth in the opt-out section above.